What is the difference between a celebrant and a priest/vicar led ceremony?

A vicar, priest or minister will lead a religious ceremony.

I, as a celebrant, have the freedom to tailor your ceremony to your own personal wishes. I can include some religious elements if desired or not have any religious elements to the service. It is totally bespoke for each couple or family.

How much notice do you need?

As much time as possible to ensure the date is kept for you. Weddings, Renewal of Vows and Naming Ceremonies are usually able to give plenty of time. Funerals, ideally 3 weeks in advance. I am always willing to officiate for those in special circumstances where time is short so whenever the date, do get in touch.

Do I need to register my marriage separately?

Currently, in the UK, a Registrar or a church representative must register your marriage.

If you choose a celebrant to lead your ceremony you will have to register your marriage and sign a marriage certificate either before or after your wedding service. You can do this at your local registry office and ask for a 2+2 ceremony which is the cheapest and the minimum you have to do to get the legal bit done and then you can celebrate fully at your wedding celebration with all the bells and whistles!

I don’t live in East Sussex, are you willing to travel?

Yes! I am always willing to travel anywhere in the UK and abroad.

Please see my prices for more information.

Where can a Celebrant wedding take place?

The beauty of a Celebrant-led wedding is that it can take place anywhere: in a forest, on a beach, at home. The world is your oyster. You just have to ensure permission has been granted if on private land.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact me.